Chatbots are to be seen everywhere today, across many variants of businesses and enterprises. But have you ever noticed that no two chatbots are the same? Their purpose, functions, dialogue flow, the tasks they take care of, are all completely different! Why is it so?
Because different business types have different requirements and needs that the chatbot has to fulfil. Nevertheless, if you think all chatbots are created equally, you’re unfortunately mistaken!
A chatbot on an E-commerce website would be totally unlike the one for Banking. Just how we contrast in our personality and talents, the same goes for chatbots in their appearance and activities!
In this blog, we’ll be touching upon the types of chatbots and their applications for every sector of business. This will give you a clear understanding of the different types of chatbot technology and what would be the ideal chatbot type for your business!
Chatbots come in many shapes and sizes. But in its functionality, there are mainly 4 types of bots. They are:
1. Appointment scheduling or Booking Bots:
Appointment scheduling or booking bots are kind of bots you usually find in Healthcare, Airlines and Hotel industries. These bots help customers’ book slots or appointments with the enterprise they communicate with.
Appointment bots are often linked to Google calendar, so when a customer books an appointment with you, it automatically gets stored in the calendar, creates an event and sends reminders to both, the customer and the business representative. The HR team also uses these bots to schedule interviews for recruitment purposes.
So if you have a business that requires a lot of booking and scheduling, this bot serves the purpose! Some of the types of chatbots under this category of chatbots are-
- HR Bot for scheduling meetings and interviews.
- Healthcare Bot for booking appointments.
- Travel Bot for flight bookings.
- Hotel Booking Bot to book rooms and services.
- Appointment Slot Booking can be integrated with any type of business.
- Cinema Bot to book movie tickets.
- Service Bots for automotive businesses. And so on…
2. Customer support chatbots:
This must be the most popular use-case of chatbots! When someone says the word ‘chatbot’, the first thing to pop up in our mind is that one-time we spoke to a chatbot for customer care. This type of chatbot performs all tasks a customer support representative would do. And it does them real good!
Features such as 24/7 hour availability, quick and easy solutions, instant replies and live chat facilities make chatbots the ideal tool to improve customer service. It not only improves communication between businesses and clients but also builds a rapport with them to earn customer loyalty. They also gather customer feedback and send it to your team so that you can work on the shortcomings.
They allow your customers to easily interact with your business through stimulating conversations and also play their part in increasing sales.
Some of the bot templates under this type of chatbots are-
- Retail Support Bot handles queries related to your retail product line, you can also use this to sell your product directly from your chatbot.
- Telecom Bot provides your customers the convenience of checking their bill, make a payment, recharge plan, change plan, change number etc directly through the bot. It also procures any customer queries related to your service.
- Techdesk Bot to help employees of an organization to connect to the internal technical support team for issues related to system and access to services/Applications. The bot also sends confirmation to the customer through email.
- Banking bot caters to your banking needs in an interactive manner. It provides account related information, ongoing offers, helps you get an update on your checkbook and also takes you to travel booking facilities.
- Order issues help handle issues with food delivery orders.
3. Marketing and Sales Chatbots:
Marketing and sales are the next most popular use-case of chatbots after customer support. So these intelligent bots are able to personalise the customer experience, have a larger engagement capacity, reach a wider audience, analyse customer feedback and data, sends relevant notifications and moves customers seamlessly through the sales funnel.
Some of the bot templates under this category are-
- E-commerce bot to browse through products directly from the chatbot. You can send your customers images through carousels and link your website for purchases.
- Education-course bot allows prospective students to browse through various course offerings by an educational institution. The chatbot also provides details on course fees, duration and admission mode per course. Details on interested students are captured and emailed to the team.
- Automotive Lead Generation bot allows customers to get details on cars, features, prices etc, along with booking service.
- Real Estate bot can collect requirements from your customers on what they are looking for.
- Quiz bot for market research generates a quiz around the market research. It comes with attractive wallpaper and button color customizations. Saves the answers provided by the user, calculates their score and also sends an email to the user letting them know their score.
- Social media marketing bot lead generation chatbot template for social media marketing agencies which notify the admin whenever a new lead is generated.
- Lead generation Google helps you take user information and save it in google sheets. So the prospects are already on your product have strong leads so this bot will help you store that information which can be used market products to these customers or provide support to convert these leads.
- Lead generation with Salesforce helps you take user information and save it in Salesforce. Prospects already on your product are strong leads this bot will help you store that information which can be used market products to these customers or provide support to convert these leads.
4. Entertainment bots
Entertainment bots are made for entertainment and media purposes. These bots include-
- The tv show guide is a simple yet powerful chatbot to help track channels as per category for a service provider.
- The go-karting bot is an ideal chatbot template for booking go-karting services. The bot also shows some information about tracks and karts.
- Quiz bot serves a quickfire round of questions to those interested in a little harmless fun dose of quiz questions. It ends with giving a quick score based on the correct answers.
- Riddle bot engages your customers through games to keep them coming back to your website.
- News and media bot helps users access news from different categories. So the bot flow leads the user to news categories where they can select the desired category to access news and can also subscribe to a category.
- Cinema bot lets you book movie tickets, read reviews, browse through different genres.
- The entertainment factory is a bot assisting you for everything at your favorite getaway location. Adding ease to your fun!
- Youtube channel bot- Deploy a chatbot using this template anywhere to use it as your new social media channel to share your youtube content.
- The podcast helps the user learn about the universe with the help of podcasts or become a VIP member to get updates!
These are just to name a few among the wide range of templates we offer! Visit to build an ideal chatbot for your business and browse through 150+ bot templates in the Bot Marketplace that caters to every business need of yours.
Also, to gain a little more insight on chatbot technology, read up some of these previous blogs!
Thanks for reading. We hope you found this blog helpful!
Originally published at https://blog.engati.com on October 2, 2019.